1. Palm Springs (3-1, last week No. 1): The Indians didn’t score an offensive touchdown in a 14-7 loss to Corona last week. Their defense will face its biggest challenge so far this season Friday against Redlands and running back Craig Lee, who has verbally committed to UCLA.
2. La Quinta (0-4, 2): With Mission Viejo in their rear-view mirror, the Blackhawks now have an easier road ahead of them. They will have a chance to earn their first victory over winless Roosevelt on Saturday.
3. Palm Desert (0-3, 3): The Aztecs showed improvement in a 26-13 loss to Redlands on Friday, especially on offense, looking like a different team than the one in the opener that made countless mistakes against Palm Springs.
4. Cathedral City (1-2, 4): After three quarters Friday, the Lions only trailed West Valley 24-17 , but they gave up 28 points in the fourth to lose 52-17. Still, they fared better against West Valley than Indio or Coachella Valley, solidifying their position as the fourth-best team in the DVL.
5. Desert Hot Springs (2-2, 5): Playing against the top-ranked team in their division on the road, the Golden Eagles competed well. They trailed Rubidoux 28-21 early in the fourth quarter and lost 41-21. T. Armstrong rushed for 291 yards in the loss.
6. Shadow Hills (2-1, 6): James Toland rushed for 357 yards and five touchdowns in the Knights’ 41-35 victory over Ramona last week. Despite the victory, Shadow Hills remains sixth. Desert Hot Springs has a more notable victory — its 26-13 triumph over Aquinas.
7. Coachella Valley (1-2, 8): After snapping their 13-game losing streak, the Arabs move up one spot past Indio. Coachella Valley reclaimed the Date Bowl with a 10-0 shutout of Desert Mirage.
8. Indio (0-4, 7): The Rajahs’ offense, especially their rushing attack, improved in a 42-12 loss to San Jacinto last week. After three consecutive games at home, Indio will travel to Yucca Valley on Friday.
9. Desert Mirage (0-4, 9): The Rams relinquished the Date Bowl after a 10-0 defeat to Coachella Valley last week. Facing their second consecutive DVL opponent, Desert Mirage will take on Cathedral City on the road Friday.
10. Xavier Prep (0-4, 10): The Saints lost 49-8 to Riverside on Friday. They will look to break their nine-game losing streak when they host Hueneme on Friday.
1. Desert Christian Academy (3-0, last week No. 1): The Conquerors scored 21 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to come back and beat Trinity Classical Academy 35-30. They are ranked No. 2 in Division I.
2. Desert Chapel (3-0, 2): The Eagles blew out Victor Valley Christian 64-0. They are ranked second in Division II.
3. Marywood-Palm Valley (1-2, 3): The Firebirds lost 50-14 to Nuview Bridge. They remain 10th in Division II.