1. Palm Springs (6-2, last week No. 1): The Indians barely held on to the top spot, coming back to defeat La Quinta 20-14 in overtime last week.
2. La Quinta (2-6, 3): The Blackhawks wore down Palm Springs in the second half, running the ball effectively on tow long touchdown drives. They will look to build on that success.
3. Palm Desert (2-6, 2): The Aztecs’ playoff hopes got a boost when Palm Springs and Coachella Valley both came back to win last week.
4. Shadow Hills (5-3, 6): The Knights have won two in a row, and they are now ranked 10th in the CIF Southern Section East Valley Division, their first appearance ever in the poll.
5. Coachella Valley (2-6, 8): The Arabs climb three spots after stunning Cathedral City 27-24 in double overtime.
6. Cathedral City (5-3, 4): The Lions drop two spots after they couldn’t hold off Coachella Valley in the second half. Will the loss cost them a playoff berth?
7. Desert Hot Springs (4-4, 5): The Golden Eagles haven’t been eliminated from the East Valley Division playoffs after their loss to Twentynine Palms last week, but they likely will have to win their final two games to advance.
8. Indio (1-7, 7): The Rajahs have struggled in DVL play since beating Yucca Valley in their final non-league game.
9. Xavier Prep (2-6, 9): The Saints have won two in a row, and they return home Friday to face Capistrano Valley Christian.
10. Desert Mirage (0-8, 10): The Rams’ offense continued its improvement in a loss to Shadow Hills last week.
1. Desert Christian Academy (7-1, last week No. 1): Ranked first in Division I, the Conquerors close out the regular season against Desert Chapel on Friday.
2. Desert Chapel (7-1, 2): Ranked No. 2 in Division II, the Eagles can take over the top spot by beating Desert Christian Academy on Friday.
3. Marywood-Palm Valley (4-3, 3): The undaunted Firebirds can win the Majestic League by Cornerstone Christian on Friday.